192.168.1.254 is a pre assigned IP address to change the wifi password, SSID and default router setting to make the username and password according to yourself at http://192.168.1.254 it is pre assigned by many router companies like 2Wire, Aztech, Billion, Motorola, Netopia, SparkLAN, Thomson, and Westell modems for CenturyLink etc
For accessing the admin page of router you need to enter 192.168.1.254.
Tips to login 192.168.1.254
You need to follow the below mentioned simple steps to login at IP address Router with IP address.
- You need to open the web browser and click on http://192.168.1.254 .
- The login page will ask you to simply enter the username & password ” admin “
- You will login at the Admin Panel of router’s.
What does IP address 192.168.1.254 means?
The IP address 192.168.1.254 is for local and the private IP address, It is the address of router where the computer devices get connected to network and it will use for sending the data requests known as LAN IP, Private Network IP or Intranet IP.
The router has the public IP address which is used by ISP when you visit, to collect information to the router while sending the data through private IP address.
Search for the IP address
The address of 192.168.1.254 is common set of private IP address, even though, it might not be yours. When your ip is not the IP address, you maylook for your online router model. This will reveal the default IP address of router.Moreover, IP address might even get listed in router’s manual. Whensuch methods do not work, you may use the computer for searching for the IP address.
If computer runs on Microsoft Windows:
- Select on network icon at bottom right of screen.
- With menu options, choose the >Wi-Fi strong network>you may use the internet.
- Choosing the network of Wi-Fi strong> will provide detailed information.
- With such things being IPv4, that will have the string of numbers such as 192.168.1.254 strong that is your IP addresses.
If Mac OS X is running on your system:
- Click on Apple menu
- Choose preferences for option titled system
- Select network that you use for accessing internet
- You will see >your IPstrong> listed just next to router mentioned there