First, connect your PC/laptop to the D-Link router using your WiFi network or Ethernet cable. No active internet connection required, just plug into your router.
how to log into your D-Link router and change the WiFi settings:
- Once connected, on your computer, open a browser.
- Type 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your web browser and press Enter.
- Alternatively, you can enter the following link instead of the default gateway address. http://dlinkrouter or http://dlinkrouter.local
- You will be redirected to the login web page of your D-Link router. You must enter your login username and password to continue.
- By default the username is admin and no password is needed. If you have not changed your administrator login username and password, you can log in using the default credentials. You can find your router’s default login information on a label on the side or back of your router You can also search the Internet for the default login information for your router model.
- Enter your credentials to log into your D-Link router.
- Login, from there you can change all the settings of the router and his WiFi network.
Follow these steps to change the D-Link SSID from the Router’s administration panel:
How do you change the D-Link WiFi SSID?
- Log into the D-Link router’s administration panel using the method above.
- Once in the admin panel, go to Wireless Settings and click Manual Wireless Network Settings.
- Next to the Wireless Network Name/SSID field, enter the new SSID.
- Click Save Settings to change the SSID.
- When you change the SSID, all previously connected devices will be disconnected and you will have to reconnect to the network from those devices.
How do you change the D-Link WiFi password?
Here’s how to change the D-Link WiFi password from your router’s admin panel, Follow these steps:
- Log in to the administration panel of D-Link router by the above method.
- After logging into the admin panel, go to Wireless Settings > Manual Wireless Network Settings.
- Scroll down to Wireless Security Mode and select WPA-2.
- In the Pre Shared Key section, enter your new WiFi password in the space provided. It is 8 to 63 characters long and consists of letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Click Save Settings to confirm your password change.
- Now, Router reboots and disconnects previously connected devices.